What is Microneedling with PRF?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that dermatology trained providers use to encourage collagen production by taking advantage of the body’s natural healing response.
- Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that uses small, sterilized needles to make small pokes in the skin. Topical numbing cream is used prior to ensure maximal comfort.
- The purpose of this treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue to smooth, firm, and tone skin.
- Microneedling is mostly used on the face, neck and chest to reduce the appearance of acne, scars, dark spots, wrinkles, and large pores.
- When the treatment is combined with PRF or platelet rich fibrin, growth factors are added from your own blood to amplify the results.
- PRF is created by gently using a needle to collect your OWN blood, spinning it in a centrifuge and injecting the platelet rich fibrin onto the skin prior to microneedling. This process separates the red blood cells from the nutrient dense components that contain a variety of growth factors.
- Due to evidence based research showing superior results from treatment with PRF, Bevel Aesthetics only offer microneedling with PRF.
- Each session may last about 30-45 minutes
- There is minimal downtime with this procedure, some patients report redness or erythema for about 24-48 hours after the treatment.
- Topical numbing is applied before the procedure to ensure you are comfortable
- Usually a series of 3 treatments are recommended to see the best results.
- reducing the appearance of scars, including acne scars
- reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by producing collagen
- reducing enlarged pores
- reducing the appearanceor dark spots
- smoothing uneven skin tone
- improving skin elasticity
- reducing the appearance of stretch marks